Saturday, April 4, 2009

Totem - The Beginning

Spiritual Energy Class. I had never heard of such a thing, so just had to enroll when I learned of a nearby opportunity. I'm learning about Chakras, dream psychology, spirituality, and me. Yep! its great.

Got a paper the other day on creating one's own individual totem, the animals arranged from bottom to top, each charistically representative of one stage of a person's development moving from birth to full maturity.

Stages of development, get it? (Erickson, Maslow, Chakra, etc)

The paper suggested a person take a month or so each in the discovery of which animal best represents each stage of one's self development.

Could be interesting. Don't know how far I'll get, but I definitely know that The Blue Heron is representative of my basic grounding. How so?

I told the story of The Blue Heron in an earlier post. That beautiful creature represents to me:

1. my grounding in God from day #1 (thanks Mom & Dad and so many more)
2. God's abundant providence, care, and provision for me every day of my life
3. the unbelievable invitation from the King of Glory extended to me to make His purpose my purpose
4. God's assurance that I Am Worthy

The Blue Heron is the base on which I will construct my chakra totem. I'm smiling here, feeling good. And any who know me and my story will agree that well I should be. Dale has no other place to begin than with The Blue Heron.

So I wonder what's next. Red, of course, and the root chakra. But what creature of God's vast kingdom will sit next upon such a fine base as The Blue Heron?

To Life.!

No comments: