Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Gratefulness Solution

I've been feeling a lot of stress lately. Seems like I'm letting things get to me more, seeing but not following the path to relaxation or relief. With my shoulder healing and the weather improving I'm thinking that getting outdoors to mow will help. Resuming my yoga will no doubt help, too.

I have all these solutions, but moving them from my head to make them work successfully in body and soul is a challenge.

One thing new I've been trying is "walking" an online labyrinth called Gratefulness Labyrinth. Only problem is that I zip right through it without resting, without meditating, without silence. It's a really beautiful, peaceful, and paced walk, the rhythm and splendor of which I acknowledge but ignore as I hurry on. I use the excuse that it takes too long. But that's exactly the point, isn't it? It is supposed to take a while.

Moving from the world of turmoil to the world of gratefulness requires transformation, not translocation. The lesson of this labyrinth is that gratitude transforms, and transformation takes time.

To Life.!

No comments: